Modern Day Pioneer
For church they split the BYU students up amongst the local wards in 2 London Stakes. Most of us have a bit of a journey to make it to church, me being one of those people of course. As I took the tube, transferred lines, and then got on the train to Blackheath (Cantburry?), I realized it takes about an hour to get to church, and another hour to get back every week. Gone are the days when I could leave 5 min before 1 and still make it to church on time. I realized this must've been what the pioneers went through to go to church every Sunday ... ok so maybe thats a little dramatic, but it is similar to our modern day pioneers that live in countries, or places where they have to travel long distances for church every week, or to make it to the temple. Sunday as a day of rest has taken on new meanings.
I have recieved a calling to be a Sunday School teacher. This will be interesting as my ward ... err branch? only has 5-7 teens ages 12-18; 2 of which are new members, and those visiting speaking other languages. I realized my patience will be tested, and as I prepare to teach on the Atonement next week, my teaching skills will be tested as well. Lets all pray that I can make it through the lesson next week.
4 comments:
TF-
I'm so glad you're enjoying London. I hope you'll fall in love with it as much as I have. Once you're done with all the touristy stuff, you'll really get to know it better. Don't forget to visit the V&A and the BM.
hahaha, you'll be fine teaching. heck, i have the 4 yr olds EVERY WEEK. at least teens will respond to your questions. i'm practically talking to miniature brick walls week to week. hahaha, and the tube?? lets be honest, its the sub, hahahah. you are such a world traveler! lol.
its definitely the TUBE my dear.
Hey Kiley and Ashley - We're here visiting your parents for a few days! Your blog is great - you're a great writer - I'm glad you expressed yourself on July 4th! In Utah we celebrate the 4th for a week straight - Robert loved that!! Blenheim is really fabulous. Have a great time!!!
Love, Aunt Debby
Post a Comment