The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, July 20, 2007

Thursday 7.19.2007 - Day 4
So I had a dream last night that someone was knocking at the door. And they kept knocking and knocking and knocking and knocking. Until I realized. This isn’t a dream. I think someone is knocking at my door. Its Kim! Woopsies. She is waking me up and has been knocking at my door for 10 minutes now! The poor thing. Wow off to a great start today. We then go upstairs and Grace, our B&B host made us a full English breakfast. It was wonderful. Then on the bus we go. The Profs thought it would be great for us to spend 2 hole hours in Edinburgh this morning (wow don’t be so generous in this amazing city) so since it was raining we went shopping. I opted for the lame mall because I was cold and sick and well it was raining. Then Kim and Ashley and I found a Starbucks and had Carmel Hot Chocolate YUM. Oh, yeah, and we saw some girls with a huge cookie so we bought one of those too (funny side note: Kim asked the Starbucks girl to warm up the cookie. She looked at Kim like she was crazy! “You want your cookie warm?” Kim said “yes”. The Starbucks girl said, “I don’t even know how I would do that”, as if Kim were nuts, and proceeded to make fun of her to her coworker).





Anyway, after SADLY leaving Edinburgh we headed to Ainswick(?) Castle, apparently where they filmed the Quidditch fight for the 1st Harry Potter (Corky and Malcolm insert profanities here). It is the 2nd largest inhabited castle in the world! Oh, and did I mention future Duke George Percy is 22 and totally cute??? I must find him! Ok anyway, the castle was beautiful and we even found a cute English guy to give us a tour and the history… after which I found the giant tree house and played like I was 10 again. It was awesome.

After Ainswick we drove to York, which is a fabulous town!! Such character (which of course is due to the cobblestone streets, small alleys, low building height and quaint sense of place). We dropped off our stuff at the hostel and went into the city for dinner. It was me, Ash, Anna, Holly, Lexi, Patrice and Kim. We were exhausted and grumpy. We walked the streets looking for a good restaurant and ended up at an okay pub. Then we attempted looking for dessert, but apparently nothing is open past 6:00 here. However, we did find this great restaurant HaHa! And found dessert there. We chatted until we realized how late it was and then started the long walk home; which turned out to be even longer than expected.

See, we kinda listened when the Prof’s gave us directions. Holly even went as far as writing them down. However, we couldn’t find the hostel. Little did we know we ended up walking by it – and even walking down the driveway for it once without realizing it! 4 times!! Back and forth and back and forth. But any time we asked for directions (like when we actually were there and then turned around because it was dark) we were led astray!! After many prayers we asked for directions at a gas station and looked over and who was there washing his car at midnight? A Taxi driver. Oh the Tender Mercies of the Lord. So he drove us down the street to our hostel, safe and sound. My legs are sore. Again.

No comments: