Could I have GONE to any more church today???
Ok, so let me just explain to you, it takes us an hour and a half to get to church. And so far, for the past 2 weeks we have been 0-2 (partly kinda my fault...I know you may not believe this but i'm not exactly the MOST punctual person in the world...?? As Karah would say, "always late but worth the wait"). Ok, so back to my story. So today I took the alarm from Ashley and woke up at 7am--so I was definitely ready by 8:30am. too bad the rest of my group wasnt ready.... poor Kim was sick and Hilary was practically ready. But when we called Sean... umm yeah he totally slept in. Good one Sean. We are leaving without you. So not only did we make it to church on time, but we got there 10 min early. I was so proud of myself. Church today was great. We watched the Lamb of God in Sunday School and then talked about how I worship other Gods before my God (ie: My Shoes, bags and clothes??...ok so maybe thats a little dramatic). Ok.
So after church Sean and I (he made it to church) decided to go to Evensong at St.Pauls Cathedral. It was BEAUTIFUL!! But a lot of standing up and sitting down and singing songs that we totally didn't know. But the Cathedral was beautiful and the songs were as well. The sermon was totally weird (it was a "goodbye" to 12 year old boys??).
After St Pauls we came home for dinner, and then Anna and Lexi and I decided to go for a walk. We ended up next to the Kensington Chapel, where they were having their evensong. So what did we do? We walked in of course!! it wasn't as dramatic as St Pauls but still beautiful, and this time it was kneeling and sitting and standing. Oh and more singing. I love catholic mass. They keep you your toes.
So as if this wasn't ENOUGH church for me I ended my night with Family Home Evening with one of my Professors. Totally random to have FHE with your professors, but Dr. Mason's family was awesome!!
So lets break this down:
1.5 commute to church
3 hours at church
1.5 commute back
1.5 St Pauls
.5 Kensington
1 hour Fhe
________________
9 Hours of Church.
Beat that.
3 comments:
you are the best blogger....i'm living through you. when do you come back to the america? -Lisa
even with going to 2 catholic masses, our LDS meetings were longer ;) nice.
Maybe God is trying to tell you something....sinner ;) Just kidding! Love you!
Post a Comment