The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Monday...One Day.
I'm the dish duty leader this week. My group rocks. They are like a fine tuned piece of machinery...each knows his/her role and we get things done quickly and efficiently, and everyone loves us for it. Its great. The only bad thing is that is still takes up some of my time, so Monday I just had class in the morning, and then stuck around the center in the afternoon and had dish duty that night.
However Since I had been cooped up inside all day we decided we had to get out and see HAIRSPRAY! The movie!! One of my favorite musicals (as mentioned in an earlier post) was created into a movie with the most amazing cast!!
John Travolta-- as a man
Amanda Bynes-- Penny
Britany Snow-- Bratty Amber
Michelle Piefer-- Villan Mother/TV Director
High School Musical Kid -- Sexy Link
Queen Latifa-- Black Mom
and... lots more.
Although this is the most expensive movie I have ever been to (10 pounds= 20 dollars) it was totally worth it, and the theater was amazing with their Haggan Daz and Ben and Jerrys! And the theatre itself was really nice-- like the Arclight.
A few people in our group hadn't seen the musical before so the storyline was completely new to them, and it was totally life changing. Towards the end of the movie i looked over and we were ALL dancing in our row to "You cant stop the beat" haha it was amazing. I loved it!!
And we were so inspired by the music that I turned on my soundtrack of the Broadway and we did sit ups and push ups to the musica later that night in the parlor.
fun. fun. fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sit ups and push ups after watching a musical. You nut!!! But I can understand how you'd be energized after watching a musical and eating a ton of ice cream. Now that's the life!!