The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"And I'm Proud to Be an American"

Ok, so this doesnt really show the whole outfit, but imagine underneath the coat a navy blue sweater, jeans and fab red flats.


Today was the 4th of July. I've never felt so homesick. This time last year I was (a) sleeping in (b) heading to Huntington Beach to soak up the SUN (c) hanging with my girls (d) bbqing (e) watching fireworks. I can honestly say that none of the above occured this 4th of July. Instead, it was spent in a classroom, and then out in the rain, and then onto the GLOBE to watch Shakespeare. Ok, I'll admit Shakespeare was a LOT cooler at the Globe than reading it. The Merchant of Venice took me a little while to get into when I had to read it; but at the Globe, they immediately capture your attention when the crossdresser comes on stage, and a Joker is wearing a "no camera/no cell phone sign". It also helps that they encourage audience participation ... they actuallly have you help put together the set right before the show starts, and you have to be attentive if you are front row because cast members tendto spit on you and occasionally throw up on you. But its all in good fun, and for the betterment of the show. In case you don't know, the globe is an indoor/outdoor theater-- where the top of the roof is left open. Considering our recent encounters with all the RAIN, and our vulnerability to it with the open roof; we were anticipating a downpour. However, lucky for us, it was a clear night.

After the show a few of us walked across the Thames on the Millenial Bridge and sang Patriotic songs, like the national anthem, and toby keith's "I'm proud to be an American". I'm pretty sure all the Brits around were upset, but it was the most patriotic I had been all day. Ok, so I lied. My outfit must have been the most patriotic ...




2 comments:

BrittanyB said...

Well it may not have been fireworks, but shakespear at the globe sounds like a great way to spend the 4th ;)

Amanda said...

I will be needing a description of your outfit please. Love you girl.