Ok so I finally got to catch up on my sleep... although I think everyone in the program thinks I am the laziest person alive. However, if they all realized how late one has to stay up to get all the reading and homework done--- or ok so maybe just to get the chance to talk to some of you people back at home, then they would realize that its exhausting to wake up at 8am every day!! So, since we didn't have any morning obligations i took full advantage to SLEEP IN. And sleep in I did. I finally got up at 12 (noon). And was the most refreshed and energetic I have been since I've been here. It was awesome. Considering I slept half my day away, I decided to be a little productive and clean my room (or my area in my room) and do laundry. Then, i decided it would be smart to knock a museum assignment out of the way, so I went out with the other lazy's (aka Ashley and my friend Sean) and went to the National Portrait Gallery.
Ok, so the National Portrait Gallery basically has portraits of just about ANYONE thats known to influence Great Britain. I loved the ones of the Queens!! They looked soo beautiful! (ok so not all of the queens were beautiful but their portraits were!!)
My favorite portrait was of George Washington. I know, who would have though they would put up G.W. in the Great Britain National Portrait Gallery, but they totally did, and also a portrait of the signing of the Declaration of Independance. I was totally humbled as I looked up at this portrait of such an amazing man. It was cool.


I also liked the one of Francis Bacon. Although many don't know who he is, he has greatly impacted each one of our lives through his work.
Again, I did not spend the time necessary to fully appreciate all of the art that was in this Museum, and I wish I had a broader background of art to fully appreciate the talent that it took to paint these figures in such a great way.
Oh, and on the way home we found this cool (ok totally sketchy) alley ...
No comments:
Post a Comment