I told you I had to go to all the Museums in London. Today was the National Gallery, Dickens House and the British Library. The National Gallery was amazing ... so incredibly large that I definitely need to go back to fully appreciate the plethora of art that is exhibited there. Of course I loved my favorites the impressionists... Monet, Rembrant, Degas, Van Gogh.

Then we grabbed lunch at this amazing Italian Place. Ashley got a killer avacado salad and I got an amazing pizza. Then we went to Dickens house. To be quite honest it was somewhat dissapointing ... I think my favorite part was the bench out on the patio.

The British Library was really cool though. We got to see a lot of Shakespeare's original manuscripts, original music from Bethoven, Bach, Chopin, Mozart... Then there was this whole Beatles Exhibit with the original lyrics from Yesterday and I want to hold your hand, and tons of other stuff. Soo cool. We also got to see a Guitenberg Bible and one of the original Magna Carta's. Probably my favorite thing that I saw there was this special Sacred Exhibit, which had the Dead Sea Scrolls!! Such an amazing opportunity!! The amount of culture and opportunities that I have to learn and gain knowledge in this city is unbelieveable. I love it. But after all this culture ... we were a little tired.

So on our way home we stopped at 9 3/4. I'm definitely not a Harry Potter Freak like the rest of my group, but I mean, its still cool.
1 comment:
I can't believe all the awesome things you get to see and do, sooo jealous!
Post a Comment