The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

After only 2 hours of sleep I woke up at 6:30 to go on an excursion. Exhausted, and NOT a morning person, I'm not quite sure how I survived, however, here is a description of my day...

Jane Austen.
This turned out to be much cooler than Shakespeare's cottage ... It was adorable with a beautiful garden. As we walked through the house we learned much more about her personal life, and how that relates to each one of her novels. For my english class we read Persuasion; which is a novel I was unfamiliar with. However, as I read it, I fell in love (ok so i'm a total girl, but we all know that!). Jane Austen's love life resembled that of her character, Anne Elliot in Persuasion (although unfortunately for Jane, she did not get the guy in the end.) Anyway, throughout the cottage there were costumes from the Anne Hathaway movie that just came out, and even the original Manuscripts for the last chapters of Persuasion!
























Stonehenge
After a fabulous time learning about Jane, we traveled to Stonehenge, which is sooo cool, however, I thought would be bigger?? Maybe if I had gone on the much cooler night tour, and had been able to walk up to the rocks, they would have seemed bigger, but from my perspective outside the rope, they didn't seem all that big. During this time I thought I had lost Ashley, but apparently she was just ahead of the group the whole time. Too bad i didn't realize this until the end of the trip, and didn't get to take any pics with her. Sigh.











Bath.
After checking out a bunch of random large old stones we headed to Bath. Oh Bath. How could Jane Austen hate this place?? I suppose it is cool to us because it remains in the same condition it was 200 years ago, and still have the same functioning drain system as was built by the ROMANS! (well ok so they are just roman hot springs ... so think Glen Ivy mud bath?) Oh, and drinking the Bath water!! We drank, ok SLAMMED the Bath water, because its supposed to be good for you with all these minerals. Anyway, I loved Bath ... But I suppose the fabulous boutiques and funny Brits were in addition to my liking. We finished off our Bath trip with these beautiful gardens and the bridge over Avon.

No comments: