So I definitely caught whatever sickness was going around, and I did not sleep well last night. (Which is a big deal for me; usually my head hits the pillow and I am OUT). Anyway, so the night was bad and the morning was worse. I had to wait forever for breakfast and the hot chocolate didn’t even console me that much. Anyway, we have a FULL day of bus driving ahead of us, so I tried to sleep as much as I could. We got to the Scotland border, took a few pics from inside the bus and moved along. We did stop at Hadrian’s Wall on the way to Edinburgh. We walked by some LOUD BAAAAING sheep... up to this wall/fortress or the remains thereof. It was pretty cool, but since I was sick I was a little out of it. Oh and we got a little bored and started taking goofy pics. Please dont judge me in these pictures today!




OMG. I love Edinburgh. Why we didn’t spend more time here, I’m still not sure. It is WAY cooler than Ambleside!! We went straight for the castle and explored, oh and I found out something else new about Scotland—Edinburgh is on the Ocean!! From the castle we had the most beautiful views of the city and the ocean. It was awesome. So we looked at the crown jewels, the prisons (which held American POW’s and I saw a carving of an early American flag, so cool). Kk so after that we walked down the Royal Mile (not to be confused with the Magnificent Mile, that is Chicago folks) to see the Parliament building. Let me just tell you, if I have ever seen a revolt against the traditional architecture, it is the Scottish Parliament. Wow. This building is so cool. A lot of people hated it, but I like it because of what it stands for. If you notice the architecture and vernaculars of the rest of the city, it is all similar and traditional. However, CLEARLY the Parliament building is opposing this tradition, well ok, so more like fighting against this tradition. Ok ok I’ll stop with the contextual compatibility of the buildings… after Parliament Anna and Ashley and I found this creepy old cemetery, and then headed back for the bus. With my sickness all this walking (and not to mention COLD weather) I was feeling the worst I had felt all day.








Thankfully after this excursion we headed to our B&B’s. For some reason Anna, Holly, Kim and I were the “Outlaws” and sent off to our own B&B away from the others. We were grateful for some alone time, and for the first time on this trip I HAVE MY OWN ROOM!! Our host lady, Grace, is adorable, and she even pointed us in the direction of great food across the street!! I ordered bacon wrapped meatloaf and mashed potatoes in need of comfort food, and Anna proceeded to order half the menu J The meal was wonderful, probably the best I’ve had here, and the company was even better. I could not be more blessed to have been introduced to more fabulous girls. We were all brought to this program for a reason, to get to know each other and learn from each others’ testimonies. It is amazing the tender mercies the Lord bestows upon his children. Already I have learned so much, and I can’t wait to get to know these girls better. I am so grateful for this opportunity, I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment