When you hear the word TOWER, one usually thinks of a tall, narrow building, stairs leading up to the top. Similar to one found in the fairytail of Rapunzel... In London, apparently TOWER means fortress ... and by fortress I mean a castle, and a city with a large wall around it; oh and not to mention a torture chamber and crown jewels.
On Friday we experienced THE TOWER OF LONDON. It was amazing! Much larger than I had anticipated,
and soon we made friends with the BEEFEATERS, or the Yoeman Wanderers, if you will, who told us of myths and facts about the TOWER. Like the story of the bloody tower...

We had a great time exploring, and making friends with the Ravens (if you will shout Good Morning to one of them, he will say it back, or so we were told?) The afternoon down pour that we got also made us more inclined to stick around and explore the tower more, which we were all grateful for.
yeah this looks cute ... tudor style and all, but its where they held the prisoners.

After dinner we decided to hit up the hot spots of London and strolled by the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminister Abby, Through St. James Park and onto Buckingham Palace. I think this is when it hit me -- I am living in such an amazing city. Big Ben was much larger than I realized, and Westminster Abby honestly took my breath away. St. James park left me the most peaceful I think I've been since I've been here. The wispering willows, and calm river, with the wind whistling through the trees was the closest I think I will get to the sounds of the ocean from home ... Buckinham Palace was ... well to be quite honest a little bit of a let down after Big Ben and Westminster Abby (why did they put all of those together, when CLEARLY the other two outshine the palace so much??) at any rate, it was a fabulously London evening ...







3 comments:
pictures please.
patience patience. London is amazing but my internet connection SUCKS!!!
Thanks ever so much(said with accent)
Post a Comment