Its taken me a few days to get settled and used to London life. Especially detrimental to my London Blogging experience is the difference in outlets, and voltages, or whatever... needless to say my computer wouldn't charge, and it still has difficulties.
Anyway, onto the good stuff! The trip over was long ...
so we geared up on the Shopoholic series!! I wasn't too excited for the 3 hour layover in CANADA however, it did prove to be successful after a stamp on a passports...and the Toronto airport is amazing with the 50" plasmas and free wireless, oh and not to mention the urban cowboys --
) but we made it!! My girl friend Anna also came on this trip, but unfortunately not on the same flight. Without cell phones and efficient planning, we failed to coordinate a meeting place. Luckily, Anna is a smart girl and waited by baggage claim for us, so we could all take a taxi to the center together. Ashley grabbed our bags while Anna and I reunited ... well she grabbed most of our bags I should say. Of course the airline lost one of my bags ... and not only that, but my bag with all my essentials in it. (No need to worry though, I got my bag 2 days later--- just in the nic of time!!) So we grabbed a taxi
and got a brief tour of London from our Londoner taxicab driver. Our house is beautiful
and as soon as we got unpacked, we went out on our first walk (of many) around our neighborhood. Which we learned is RIGHT by Whitelys (the oldes shopping center in the world), Notting Hill (yes, where the movie was filmed), Hyde Park (where Princess Diana Played), Portabello Road (have you seen bedknobs and broomsticks?), and lots of other cool stuff. 




The next day we went on another walk, this time it was much more scenic. We saw the Tower of London
The Tower Bridge
the tower bridge
and the Tower Bridge
we also happened upon this awesome Gibson Guitar art exhibit ... 



This walk was amazing, and I was instantly awestruck with this beautiful city; the history, the combination of the old and modern architecture ... and everything about it!

Thursday was another walk, this time through business district. (Ugh we are SUCH tourists!!)
I figured out that men in Europe LOVE pink--- even more so than Americans. We started counting men in pink and got to #35 in less than an hour. Also noted was a building with businessmen smoking outside -- only wearing blue shirts (
We then had an assignment at the Museum of London, and learned about the Roman history of London. Which, to be honest wasnt that exciting. But what WAS exciting was the old Roman wall amongst all the office buildings ... 

Kk well this blog is long and boring so i'm finishing it now. there is more to come.
6 comments:
That is really really cool. You are really going to have a hard time leaving. You should get in a couple of matches at Wimbledon. That would be awesome.
The back of that Cab looks all to familiar! Have fun and be safe!
We're going to try to make it to Wimbledon ... but definitely the Tour de France!!
In case you didn't know, I am living vicariously through you at this point in time. I met Thad the semester before I was planning on London study-abroad. SO please keep the details and pics coming ;)
hey. great pictures! i love the random guitars the best! make sure to charge your camera regularly so you can keep posting them!
be safe!
I am so jealous of you!!! I wanted to go to London ever since highschool and I always told everyone thats where I would be as soon as I graduated. Im hating you right now, but I love ya at the same time. Have fun for me too!!!!
Post a Comment