The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Sunday, January 30, 2011

January in Chicago.

January has been a crazy month for us. Coming back from Christmas vacation we seem to be swamped in our jobs, and its just gloomy with the cold weather and lack of sunshine. Luckily, we have had a few days of sun on the weekends and I found Ryan laying face up on the carpet (as if he were on the beach in the Caribbean or something!) soaking up the UV rays. You find ways to get warm in the winter.

Like- going to dinner at an authentic Cuban Restaurant. Its warm and cozy with vibrant colors everywhere inside. Super fun (but not as tasty as La Cubana in Philly or Versaille in LA. I'm still searching for a favorite cuban restaurant in Chicago).

Warm inside our cozy restaurant.

We go outside and find ourselves in -6 degree, feels like -15 weather. Of course we stopped for a photo in the snow.

On Saturdays we have been trying to go to the museums, a nice in-door activity. We got the Library pass for the Planetarium. What we didn't realize this time was where the best place to park was!! We ended up walking a couple miles to and from the Planetarium-- it was freeeezing!!!!!!!!! But we survived and got a little exercise :)

Check out the city in January.

I kind of love that the lake looks frozen and snowy. It's not frozen.


We were freeeeeezing. But I couldn't resist a photo-op. I was really glad I had my new down coat to wear that weekend.

Planetarium.

Lovell. He donated a TON of his stuff for an exhibit in the museum. It was awesome. Why are giving up on NASA again?

Soldier Field. Day before "THE" Game. Bears vs. Packers. We were a little bummed the Bears lost...

Chicago!
Here are a few more photos of January. I wanted to try and capture what "everyday" life in the city was like. Not sure if I accomplished that :)

On my way to the Doctor in the snow.

Fresh snow!! I love how it looks on the trees.
  
Under the "L"

Oh, and I had to capture our taking down of the tree-- we forgot to buy a tree bag when we bought a tree... so we had to make do. this is a combination of at least 5 yard bags... talk about innovation in the home; it's make it work time!


Stay tuned for more adventures in February!! We are doing all we can to make the most of winter.

2 comments:

yui said...

I always enjoy visiting here.

Kyla said...

what a beautiful city! (and cold :) Love your updates on your life! You guys are so adorable!