Adventures in Reno: The Biggest Little City in America.
Traveling for work = not as much fun without my husband but I try to make the most of it.
I rented a car this week while in Reno, so it's made it possible for me to go to the temple and see all the sights in Reno.
I got to take a cooking class with my team that was here for training. It was a team building activity, where we took a cooking class and made 3 authentic Chinese dishes. It was awesome!!
 |
| My favorite dish of the 3. Eggplant and ground pork YUMM. |
 |
| Tofu and Shrimp soup. |
 |
| The Chef calls this "Dirty Rice". Its got egg & chinese sausage. |
 |
| Cool open kitchen in this big room where you take the classes & can eat there at the restaurant. |
We also went downtown, saw the Famous Reno sign and had lunch by the Truckee River.
 |
| You can't really see me-- I'm in the shadows. |
 |
| Trukee River. |
 |
| Truckee River from the other side. We ate out on the patio by the river, the sun was so warm and glorious that day! |
One of my co-workers, Randi, lives in Norway. She is here in the states for 2 weeks, so she brought her 7-year old daughter, Iva. Iva is a beautiful girl with bright blue eyes. She is just learning English, so its hard for her to communicate with us. She had to sit in our conference room with us during our training, she was so patient. During one of our sessions she drew me a picture, of myself. She copied my outfit, perfectly!! It made my day.
I've already had a few questions about what I did during my week-long stay in Reno. I stayed really busy! Went to the temple one night, went shopping at their outdoor mall one night, and then of course, went to BJ's to catch the BYU vs. SDSU basketball game on the big screen. I even made some friends at the bar! (they were fellow Mo's there to watch Jimmer and the Cougs as well). It was great to have some company at the bar!
 |
| Jazz game far left, BYU game bottom right. Go Cougs! |
Thanks for a great stay, Reno!! Next time I have to make it up to Tahoe!
No comments:
Post a Comment