Only in Chicago:
Pedestrian killed by Metra train
So last night I got a text from Ryan, he was on the train coming back from work and said "we just hit a person", I said "what?" he said "the train just hit a pedestrian". Woa, crazy. So we texted back and forth about what that meant, and after about 15 minutes I was out the door, going to rescue my man from being stranded in the middle of no-where because the train was going to be delayed 2 hours. On my way out there I thought "ONLY in Chicago (or I guess a big city with trains) would this happen!" We took one of Ryan's co-workers home as well, and we talked about how crazy the whole thing was. Ryan said it was weird because they even have an automatic recording announcing when the train has hit a pedestrian. How often does this happen that they need a PRE-RECORDED message? Well, I got my answer this morning when I checked the news:
An outbound Metra train on the Union Pacific/West Line hit and killed a pedestrian near the Kedzie station about 6:45 a.m. Trains on the line were halted for about an hour, resuming by 7:50 a.m. Service was still behind schedule, said Metra spokesman Tom Miller. He said it would take about an hour for normal service to resume.
Train No. 15 had been scheduled to arrive in Elburn at 7:50 a.m. The Cook County medical examiner's office was notified of the death, but had no more information.
Another person was hit and killed just this morning! Is this a daily occurrence for the Metra train??
1 comment:
Post a Comment