For Musicals, at least.
Wicked is in town, and they are one of the few shows in Chicago that offer a Lottery for tickets. We decided to take our chances and see if just maybe we could get lucky enough to get FRONT ROW seats at Wicked. See, we actually saw the show in Chicago, together when we were dating just over 2 years ago. It was one of our favorite dates and since it was in town, we figured we had to go back, for old time's sake :)
We got to the theater 2 hours before showtime and were a little bit surprised to find ourselves in the company of 150 other Wicked Fans. I guess that's what we get for trying on a Saturday night. We bought in to this theory from our friends about the way you fold your paper before putting in for the drawing; so Ryan and I both folded ours different ways. To increase our chances of course (I mean, who knows if your going to get a picker who prefers flat folds vs. dense folds?).
| The witches hat is fitting for a drawing -- it was stuffed full of papers!! |
We secured a place right in front of the witches hat for the drawing. When the woman pulled out a flat paper first and announced the first lucky duck of the 10 names she was going to draw, I thought for sure our chances had just gone out the window. Needless to say I screamed with delight when I heard my name was called NEXT!! I giddily hopped over to the window, gave them $50 in cash and walked away with our 2 front row tickets.
| WAHOO!! Front row tickets! |
This was my 3rd time seeing Wicked, and my 2nd time being a lucky lotto winner (thanks again Dad for taking me to see Wicked on my 22nd Birthday in LA!!) It was just as magical the 3rd time around, and SO COOL to see it up close on the front row.
![]() |
| Seriously we were this close. |
| Inside the Cadillac Theater. |
| Sorry it's a little blury-- it was FREEZING outside! |

3 comments:
Jealous! Ive seen Wicked twice and LOVED it equally both times. How awesome to be in the front row!!!
That is too cool! I never have the patience to do that because if I am plannign on going, I want to make sure I have tickets in hand :)
Kelse- that's the JOY of living downtown. You are close enough to walk down after dinner and if you don't get ticket do something else & try again!! <3 it.
Post a Comment