The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, January 04, 2011


A Very Merrill Christmas.

We do the every other holiday switch for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and this year was our Merrill Christmas. It was my first Christmas away from home in 25 years... although I missed my family I had a blast in Utah with Ryan's fam, and getting to see some of my favorite people. We landed in SLC on Christmas Eve morning. We did some last minute Christmas shopping, had lunch at Cafe Rio, and got to see Jarron and Olivia's beautiful new home. Christmas Eve night we had a yummy dinner and the traditional program, done by Jeralyn. We went to bed early, and Ryan and I were in charge of Breakfast Christmas morning. We made Magelby's French toast with eggs and sausage-- so yummy. Then it was present time. We were spoiled rotten, and enjoyed watching everyone open our gifts (especially our funny gifts!!) After presents we got to talk with my brother Matthew, who is serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. We only get to talk to him on the phone twice a year so this was a treat. My favorite part was when he shared his testimony of the Gospel. 

Ryan refusing to "get ready" before opening gifts.

Ty getting tricked by his present... his dad's old clubs.

Ty's real Christmas present. Sweet Taylormade Clubs!!

Next on the agenda was Grandma Pixtons for Christmas Dinner. All of Ryan's mom's side of the family was there and it was fun to see them and catch up with everyone. Dinner was amazing and I finally got to taste Grandma Pixtons rolls. Ryan was right. They are LEGENDARY. I was a little disappointed at how far off my rolls are... I have a lot to learn. Good thing I have a lifetime to do it, right? There was lots of hanging out and somehow I didn't take too many photos so here are a few that I do have.
Grandma Pixton getting dinner ready.

Grandma's traditional slushy drink before the meal.












Us with Grandma and Grandpa Pixton.
Ryan and I.

No comments: