A little piece of Heaven. (warning: long post ahead)
We decided go on a road trip to Arizona to see the Merrill side of the family the week after Christmas. It was pretty fun to go on a long trip as adults. Ryan's mom rented a minivan, and off we went. I took a few pictures of the beautiful mountain scenery while we drove down...
Our pit stop on the way to Mesa was Sedona. The Merrills love Sedona, and have family reunions there each fall. However, this was my first time in Sedona and I fell in love. It probably helps that we got there just as the sun was setting on the Redrock Mountains.
That night we went to Tlaquepaque to see the Christmas lights. I love all of the decorations in the courtyards, and especially the Christmas light contest in the neighborhood nearby. I wish all neighborhoods got this into Christmas!!
| Love the poinsettias on the chandelier! |
| This one was funny... |
| Who doesn't love Alvin? Christmas, Christmas hurry fast... |
| Awesome Shag Wagon. |
| My favorite. |
| Cute Gazebo lit up in Green and Red lights. |
| Me and Woody. |
| The whole Fam. |
| Sweet Carousel. |
In Sedona the Redrock canyons are so beautiful and I loved all the artsy shops and boutiques. There were tons of hiking trails you could go on, but the only hiking we did was Ryan and I at 7am when we went on a morning stroll.
![]() |
| Sunrise. |
![]() |
| Which trail? |
![]() |
| Can you see my shadow? :) |
![]() |
| I love all the cactus! |
![]() |
| Morning glory :) |
There is a church that's carved into a redrock mountain, so we drove up to check it out. There were tons of people up there, but I soon realized they were there for the view and not the church-- it definitely left something to be desired.
| Prickly Pear...or something like that. |
| Family Shot. |
| Olivia and Jarron. |
Our stay in Sedona was short and sweet and I can't wait to go back!








3 comments:
It looks so lovely! You are so lovely. I miss you.
Glad you had a good Christmas! Arizona looked beautiful too, not to mention probably a nice WARM break from the snowy coldness of Chi town! (p.s. I love your red toms... I kinda want a pair!)
Britt-- I wore out my last pair of Toms (had them for 3 years) so Ryan replaced them with these! I love them too!! :)
Post a Comment