The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, April 01, 2010

APRIL FOOLS ... NOT!

Seriously, with all the April Fools engagements, pregnancies, etc on Facebook, that's all everyone is doing all day-- "APRIL FOOLS!"

So, naturally, when I leave a voice mail for Ryan with the following message:

"Hey babe, its me. Um, I hit my knee on the desk and ended up passing out, falling down and hitting my head on file cabinet. Can you call me? Love you, bye."

His response was:
"Hey Ky, I got your message. At first I was totally worried, but then I realized, APRIL FOOLS, good one!!"

Too bad at that point I had to tell him:
"No really baby, I passed out and hit my head. Can you come check on me?"

The best part is that Ryan had been trying to come up with a good April Fools joke all morning --- and then was a little bummed that I beat him too it. Sorry, baby. This is for real.

Wondering what really happened?

I was on the phone with my mom, I had her on speaker phone, while I was at my desk. I went to lift my leg up onto my chair, and I bumped my knee on the desk. It hurt pretty bad, but I didn't think I had hit it that hard. I guess I did because I started feeling dizzy, and the next thing I knew I was face down on the ground. I woke up really disoriented-- I thought I was dreaming or something, then thought I had fallen asleep at my desk! Then I realized I was on the floor! I heard my mom calling my name--- she had heard the fall. I told her I passed and she informed me I needed to call someone. Which is when I called Ryan.

I'm still not sure why this all happened, but it did. I'm feeling ok today, but have been taking it easy. I am super sore-- I think I jarred my neck when my head hit the file cabinet. I have a goose-egg bump on my forehead and I'm hoping it won't bruise too bad.

Anyone know a good physical therapist in Minnesota? Or Chiropractor? ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that totally sucks. Hope you are feeling better. I still think its funny he thought you were trying to trick him. :) Good one.

Emily & Kyle said...

Kiley-you poor girl! That might go down as one of the best April Fool's Jokes ever, in a sad way for you! Hope you are taking in easy!

Kyla said...

yikes!!! hope you are ok!!

Heather said...

I love my chiropractor! And he's close by! Schumacher and Schumacher over on the corner of Blake Street and Excelsior (in front of the Good Will store). Love Dr. Dan...he's my man...he totally fixed me a couple year back when I had two herniated discs and my primary care physician wanted to do surgery...we found a better way.
931-9867
I'm sorry you fell, by the way. That's a bummer : ( You can call me, if you are having an emergency and Ryan can't leave work...I am home most days.

Heather