The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, March 29, 2010

Kids & Treats

Ryan and I team teach the 9-10 year old class at church. Our first few weeks I noticed our kids weren't bringing their scriptures on their own. We created an incentive plan, that if they brought their scriptures (or went and got some from the library) without us asking, for 4 weeks in a row, then they would get a treat. Seriously, this little idea worked like a charm. We are starting month 4, and all 9 of our kids bring their scriptures each week.

This week, I decided to make them sugar cookies. Don't ask me why I decided to embark on the most time-consuming treat in the world, but I was determined to make cute little eggs, bunnies and duckies to hand out to our kids. Needless to say that I ran out of time to really decorate them cute, but at least they were tasty and festive for the upcoming Easter Holiday.

As Ryan was eating the last of these delicious cookies last night, he mentioned he was sad there weren't a few more for him.

"They are just so good" he said.

I smiled and told him that I would gladly make him some more. His response? (Probably the most MBA-like thing I have ever heard)

"Well, I don't know. I think theses cookies get the least back on ROI".

He explained that he watched me work on these bad-boys for at least 5-hours (between mixing the dough, letting it get cold, rolling it out, baking them, and then frosting...). I guess he is right. They do take forever.

I said "they are such a great treat though, so good".

He said "Yes, but your peanut butter chocolate chip cookies definitely get a better return on investment. Less prep time and just as good".

Well there you have it, folks. Here, why don't I share my fabulous cookies electronically?



ps. I know I'm the worlds worst froster. I'm working on that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahah, i think the "worst froster" is a big overboard. They do look delicious though! How do you make the frosting thats thin and delicious like on those vday cookies!?

Ryan and Kiley said...

this is the same frosting as on the vday cookies. Its a mixture of powder sugar, milk, corn syrup and almond extract.

Dani said...

GORGEOUS! And yes, I obviously couldn't resist coming to see what kind you had made.

And I have a great recipe that you don't have to chill. I'll send it to you. I LOVE it. LOOOOOVE it.

And so hilarious about the ROI response. Ryan is awesome.