I'm learning a lot from working from home.
1. I email my husband a lot. He is like my co-worker, but not. He is the one I can rant and rave to, because, most people have a co-worker bff that they can do all this complaining to, but I don't really have that luxury. I guess I could talk to Lily, my plant, but she doesn't always respond. Sorry, husband, I hope you don't mind.
2. I love that I get to watch the day happen. The sun wakes me up as it beams through my office window, and then in the afternoons I can take a little lunch break and sit in the sunlight that comes in through my bay window and watch all the little kiddos walk by my house. Some people are in office buildings and don't get to see the day at all. I am lucky.
3. I talk to myself a lot. This goes back to numero uno above. I don't have anyone else to talk to, so I talk to myself. They are mostly pep-talks. I forgot how hard it is to start a new job. Any new job. Its just hard to learn everything and not be hard on yourself when you make mistakes. Well maybe you don't make mistakes, but I do.
4. I need a better routine. Right now I just get up and get working. I'll wait to get ready till the end of the day. But then if I'm tired or have no reason to get dressed up, I won't. Sorry, husband, I hope you like me in my sweats.
5. Quick runs in the afternoon really get me going. Working through lunch so I can take 30 minutes to run around my cute little town is one of the best things about this work-at-home gig. I just have to make sure I take the time to leave my desk and go do it.
So, basically, I'm learning a lot on the job, and I'm learning a lot about myself. My body and brain get tired from all the learning. But when we learn we grow, and when we grow, we become better, right?
I hope so.
5 comments:
I know exactly how you feel I work from home as well and it is so hard to get a routine down. I t is so important to get out once in a while as well becuase you are "bringin work home."
Julie
Soak it up, I wish I had before the kids came. I cant go for a run when I want because, who's gonna watch the kids? Thats why I dont exercise. And dont worry, I hardly ever get dressed. Sometimes I get me and the kids dressed right before Jesus gets home from work so he doesnt think we have been in our jammies all day. Clever or lazy?
What do you do for work?? Sounds great!!
I'm working for a company called Executive Networks. They are based out of SF, but almost everyone is based out of their homes (all over the country). Its not a bad gig.
Amen to all of that... especially #4.
Post a Comment