Ryan surprised me with a trip to Chicago!! Well, there was a catch to this trip, but I won't go into those details right now. The important thing is that we spent a beautiful weekend in Chicago and I was BLOWN AWAY by the hundreds of thousands of tulips we saw there! Spring was in full force, and the blossoms on the trees and every single tulip we saw made my heart swoon. Just ask Ryan-- I was gushing over every tulip we saw. We spent some time in the western suburb of Naperville, and also spent some time downtown.
Thanks for a great trip, hunny! I love going on adventures.
Downtown Naperville. So cute.
Some pretty tulips downtown.
See what I mean? Amazing!
Just one of the cool buildings in Downtown Naperville. FYI: Naperville was established in 1831!
Chicago Hot Dogs are amazing.
Another shot of Downtown Naperville.
The Riverwalk and eating gelato. yum.
My cute husband in action. I kind of like that this picture turned out blurry.
We don't have these blossoms in Minnesota yet.
Yummy lunch outside by the river.
Now we head downtown Chicago. We went with Ryan's awesome co-worker Suzanne, and her fiance Mark. We had such a blast!! Although I was a little concern when we went to park at the John Hancock building and the parking attending said she had to check the trunk. Intrigued, I asked "Why?" She said, "Oh you know, for dead bodies, bombs, guns, those sorts of things". Oh, right, naturally. Despite that, we had a blast walking the mag mile and going to a great Indian restaurant, India House.
And, let me tell you--- If I thought there were a lot of tulips in Naperville, nothing could prepare me for the tulips I saw on the Mag Mile. It was AMAZING. I was constantly in awe of the magnitude and beauty of these amazing flowers.
Good thing it was dark, or I would have taken lots more photos. Everyone laughed/loved how much I was taken over by the flowers, they told me I should just go lay in the bed of tulips. I couldn't help it, they were so beautiful.
The next day we went to a downtown Chicago ward and then check out downtown Chi-town a little more.
Here's my shot of downtown on a clear day.
We liked the view of the lake:
4 comments:
I LOVE Chicago! Looks like a fabulous trip! And way to be a superstar blogger... I've been catching up on all your posts! So great to hear about your wonderful life!
Gregg & I lived in Gurnee, Just North of Chicago and loved Naperville & Libertyville Lots of fun places as well as down town itself.. So glad you had a good time now off to NY?....Dee
I didn't know you had a blog! Super cute!
I'm glad things seem to be going well - and I adore all your pictures of the flowers. I head to Holland this weekend and your pictures made me uber excited! :)
*muah*
Oh my goodness... this makes me seriously miss Chicago. I LOVE that city. You guys are always up to something fun... I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment