Sometimes a great date means a walk in the park.
It helps if its a really big, beautiful park.
Ryan and I found ourselves walking through the south section of Grant Park last night. We were in search of the Chicago food trucks (Which were no where to be found); and were easily distracted by the many other beautiful aspects of this park. A few fountains, many beautiful flowers, and a summer dance/concert series had us mesmerized by this amazing green space in our own "backyard". We have spent a lot of time at Millennium Park (The north end of Grant Park) but haven't ventured down to this area before.
Isn't it amazing, we said, that we have lived here for 1 year and haven't spent any time down here before? Yes, it is amazing. We realized it is time to re-visit our Chicago Bucket list and see where we are at ... there are so many great things we still want to explore while we are living downtown! I feel so blessed to live in a place that is so diverse and bursting with amazing things to see and do!!
 |
| Isn't this just gorgeous? |
 |
| The Chicago skyline never gets old. Especially from a new vantage point. |
 |
| I LOVE Buckingham fountain! |
 |
| Closer shot of the fountain. |
 |
| Isn't this garden just stunning? It's the Tiffany & Co. Garden... no wonder I loved it :) |
 |
| In garden where they hold the Summer Dance Concert Series. So colorful and bright! |
 |
| That group of people is the dance floor!! It was awesome! |
 |
| The singer/Jazz Flautist was awesome. |
 |
| Perfect summer night. Outside, dancing the Cha-Cha with my love! Yes, Ryan danced the night away with me! (or maybe just 30 minutes :) ) We ended the night with some amazing gelato in the South Loop neighborhood. |
As we walked through the park, and I held my Ryan's hand, I thought "sometimes a perfect date can be as simple as walking through the park". Admiring the beauty around us, the joy we have in spending time with one another, and exploring a new place we have never been. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment