The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sending our Love. 

I feel so incredibly blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. Since the first day I met them, Grandma and Grandpa Pixton have showered me with love--through hugs, kind words,  (cinnamon rolls!) and their great examples of love and service to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I have only been able to spend a limited amount of time with them since I've known Ryan, but when I do, I savor every second we share.

One of my favorite stories from Grandpa Pixton is about a painting hanging up in their living room. It's a painting of Red Fish Lake--- where he took Grandma on their honeymoon. He had a photo from their honeymoon painted, and it is now framed in their living room where Grandpa can see it every day and remember those sweet happy memories. Isn't that so romantic? I loved hearing him tell that story, and now every time I see that painting (or think of it), I remember Grandpa's sweet love for his wife and the happy marriage they share.

They celebrate their 59th wedding anniversary on Sunday.

I can only hope to have 59 wonderful years with my sweet love. Grandma and Grandpa show their love for each other in everything they do. They make a great team -- for example, when Grandma makes (amazing) raspberry jam, Grandpa is sure to tell us that the raspberries came from the backyard where he grew them and picked them. I love Grandma's laugh and Grandpa's smile-- his eyes just light up.

It's definitely hard to live far away from family but Grandma and Grandpa are so supportive and so proud of us (and all their grandchildren) for what we are doing. They give great advice and encourage us to continue to succeed. We admire them so much for their great examples of faith and temple work--- they inspire me to be a better person and strive to love the temple and do temple work like they do.
We love you Grandma and Grandpa Pixton!!

No comments: