![]() |
| 36 Weeks |
- We finally ordered a crib. I feel like it was one of those things that took us forever to decide on one and finally order it. Ryan's excitement showed through when he brought it inside and immediately started putting it together! It's in our little nook and ready for Jr to arrive.
- I bought a 40lb watermelon. And pretty much ate the whole thing myself. I bought it for a BBQ, but there happened to be lots of fruit there, so we brought most of it home. And then I ate most of it... Ryan helped, but let's be honest, I ate it every chance I got. So delicious.
- We had our final ultra sound! I love getting to watch baby boy move around. At this point, he is so big that we could only see parts of him at a time, but it's so comforting to know that he is growing healthy and strong. We also learned that he is currently 6lbs. Growing at a rate of .5 lbs/week, we are going to have a healthy, large baby boy at delivery!
- Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good. I get frustrated about aches and pains here and there, but for the most part I am amazed at what my body can do and how good I can feel with all this extra weight and changes going on.
- I'm thirsty all the time. I can drink a liter of water in 30 minutes... and still be thirsty. I just keep drinking and drinking. Which I know is good, but annoying when I have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes :)
- I haven't really had many cravings -- just always wanting fruit. But the other day I was craving a hot dog for 2 hours before I finally told Ryan we had to go get one! It was delicious.
- It's summer in Chicago which means church is super hot (we currently go to church in a school built in 1900-- with no central AC). I typically just sweat all through sacrament meeting. My secret weapon is a stash of otter pops in the freezer that I can grab as I need them.
- I'm going to miss pregnancy hair. I haven't noticed it to be super voluminous, but it doesn't get as oily as it used to, which has made a big difference for low maintenance locks! I also decided to highlight my hair ... which I haven't done in years, but I'm loving the subtle change.
- I hit my wall. Literally the day I 'turned' to 36 weeks, I called my mom and said "I'm done". I'm over being pregnant. I feel big and slow and tired, and I'm over it. That day was a rough day -- my hormones were crazy, emotions at the surface, and let's just say I'm grateful for a patient and loving husband, and patient understanding friends who helped me through that day!
![]() |
| Just after getting my hair done -- it was so hot! |
![]() |
| 34 Weeks |
![]() |
| 35 Weeks |




2 comments:
Hi Kiley! You seriously rock the pregnant look -- so beautiful. And I can totally commiserate with you about being ultra preggo in Chicago heat...I had Sage around this time too. Hang in there!
you have really cute pregnant clothes.
Post a Comment