The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, June 08, 2012

Pregnancy Diary: {33 Weeks}

It's hard to believe I am in the single digit weeks countdown!! Just 7 more until our little one arrives ... or at least that's what we are hoping for :)

Week 33 - In a hotel room in Green Bay, Wi before church.

 A few things to note:
-          I've got the 'waddle' down pretty good these days! I can't help but notice I walk with my feet a little bit wider and waddle as I go. Not much I can do about that!

-          Slight insomnia -- I feel really blessed to have been sleeping so good through my pregnancy -- I know it could be a lot worse! But lately I am waking up way too many times in the night, or just not being able to fall asleep for hours. 

-          Watermelon: my new favorite fruit! I can probably eat a whole one in one sitting, but I try to share with Ryan and also make it last for a few days!

-          We bought a rocking chair! My first big purchase for our little one, and I every time I look at it, it reminds me of our sweet lil peanut and how I will rock him in that chair. It brings a smile to my face every time :) 

-          I switched doctors... at 32 weeks. Crazy right? I was really unhappy with the practice I was at and didn't want to continue to be frustrated, so I got really lucky and was able to switch to a new practice that I really like! Blessings for sure. 

-          Another 'craving' lately is dark chocolate. I've always liked dark chocolate, but it's the only type of chocolate I want these days! Ghiradelli dark chocolate with caramel filling -- soo yummy!

-          The pool opened at my gym a few weeks ago and it's my new favorite thing. I go a few times a week, sometimes to swim, sometimes to just get some extra Vitamin D and some sun therapy. It's amazing. And yes, I'm the only pregnant woman around. 

-          I am still feeling really good -- no major complaints or pain points! I'm taking my classes at the gym and also walking around the city a lot with this beautiful 70 degree weather. I even walked to my last 2 doctors appts (4.5 miles round trip!). Not too bad for 8 mos pregnant :) 

-          I had a baby shower in Chicago! Two friends threw me a beautiful shower, and it was amazing (deserves its own post). I had such a great time and felt so loved! I also decided to wear heels (of course) and then went to a wedding that night in heels... needless to say my body was super sore that night and the next day. Oops. Vanity over pain I guess!

-          We took our last 'trip' at 33 weeks. We went to Green Bay, Wi for a friends wedding and did a day trip to Door County. It was so fun and I'm glad we got to squeeze in one more local trip before JR is here. We are now in Chicago until D-Day! Perfect timing with summer starting.

-          We are getting so excited to meet our little one, but I'm also feeling really unprepared and a bit overwhelmed for the transition. We took a birthing class a few weeks ago which helped us start to think about labor and delivery, but there is still so much to do and so many unknowns. I'm still comfortable enough that I like being pregnant more than I like the thought of delivery --- but I"m sure that will change once summer heat sets in :) 

Week 31 - going out for a walk with Ryan.

Week 31 + 2 days- on my way to the Dr's office

Week 31 + 2 Days, on my way to the Dr's office.

32 Weeks- Ready for a hike!

No comments: