The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Merrill Vacation in Chicago


We just had Ryan's family here for a week in Chicago -- let's just say it was more of an adventure than a vacation :) There's so much to see and do in Chicago that we definitely kept busy!!!

Architecture Tours (on a boat and walking tours in the city)
Family BBQ - complete with Goose Island Root Beer
Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory
Museum of Science and Industry
Deep Dish Pizza (Gluten Free for Jarron & Ty!)
Frank Lloyd Wright Tour in Oak Park
Chicago Summer Storms
Concert in Millennium Park & Picnic
9- mile bike ride on Lake Shore (add that to an 8 mile walk that day)
Shopping on Michigan Avenue (The Mag Mile)
Navy Pier - Stained Glass Museum and Fireworks
Church in a 1900s schoolhouse
Sunday Family Dinner - Ryan tried to BBQ in one of the biggest storms to hit this summer!
Neighborhood Tours through Wicker Park and Gold Coast
Old St Pat's church
Merchandise Mart
Lamborgini Dealership
Annette's Ice Cream and Scooters frozen custard
Hanging out in our condo

Whew! We really did do a lot while they were here!! The amazing thing is that there is still so much to do and see in Chicago that they will definitely need to come back and visit :)

I was able to do a lot of the things on this list -- I hope I didn't hold them back at all! I walk a little slower than normal and maybe needed a nap here and there, but we had a really great time having them in our city! Unfortunately, I did not take many photos (I'm not much a photo taker these days with my 9 month pregnant belly), but here are just a few.

The Orchid Room at the Lincoln Park Conservatory

Millennium Park - Going on a bike ride! (I was sad I couldn't go!)

Tiffany Stained Glass - Navy Pier Stained Glass Museum

Dark photo - but watching Fireworks at Navy Pier

Old St Pat's Cathedral - One of my favorite Chicago Buildings.

Lamborghini Dealership -- guy time amongst all the churches and historic tours :)

Gold Coast Historic Walking Tour. Love this building.

Merchandise Mart - Awesome sign, Shirt made from tile, historic Art Deco Building.

Thanks for coming to see us!! Please come back soon! We'll have another reason to come very very soon! :)

No comments: