The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pregnancy Diary {40 Weeks}

Hi, yes, I'm still pregnant!


40 Weeks + 2 Days

40+ weeks and I am still plugging along. I love it when I get asked the question "How far along are you?" or "when is your baby due?" and I can say -- I'm 9 mos pregnant and my baby was due last Saturday. That usually gets me a pretty good response :)  Even my friends are getting anxious and wondering when our little guy will arrive. Trust me, I am too. But in the mean time, I'm trying to stay busy and not dwell on it!

- I walked to my last Dr's appt - it was a beautiful 80 degree weather day in Chicago with a light breeze and I absolutely loved the walk. It also helped me not feel guilty when I suggested M Burger for lunch and enjoyed a Strawberry Milkshake :)

- Last week, leading up to my due date, I had a few girls nights which helped the week go by fast and give me plenty of time to discuss all things L&D with some good friends in Chicago.

- Ryan and I saw The Dark Night on Friday July 20th. It was such a great movie and it was fun to squeeze in one more movie night with Ryan before our Baby comes. Although, if he's not here this weekend, we may try to go see another movie -- we'll see!

- Work last week was so busy. I actually didn't get everything done I had wanted to, but I was worn out and they will have to pick up where I left off. It feels so good this week to not be logging in and working!

- I haven't had too many problems with my feet swelling, but the last few weeks I have struggled with it. I didn't eat well over the weekend (at this point, I feel like I can eat whatever my heart desires....) and I think that contributed to some major cankles and swelling. I've been trying to keep my feet up and drink lots of water. They are a lot better than they were (thank goodness!). There's nothing worse than feeling huge and then looking down and realizing your feet are gross too. ugh.

- On Saturday July 21, my due date, my mom flew into town. She is wonder mom! We have been keeping busy with my list of 'to-do's before the baby comes. We've made it through the list and are now adding things to keep ourselves busy. She can help me get more done in 3 days than I could do in 1 year! Running errands can be exhausting but they are a lot more fun when you have a friend helping you!

- Another fun thing mom and I have been doing this week is trying new recipes. We already found 2 we LOVED and are excited to try a 3rd one tonight. I love getting new inspirations for recipes and especially healthy, light, summer recipes. Fresh veggies and fresh fruit in the summer are amazing. 

- Mom also brought me a treat from Bakersfield - the fudge and marshmallow sauce from Dewars. If you haven't been, you won't understand how amazing this stuff is, and that's ok. We made our own version of a black and white  ---- amazing. I can't wait to have another. Thanks, mom!!

- I am still swimming at the pool and loving having access to an outdoor pool. I don't make it to the gym as often as I was, but that's probably because I am getting around a little slower these days :) We've also had some really icky hot weather where even the pool didn't entice me to go outside.

- A friend of mine does massages and body work, and I asked if she could come by and do a little work on me to try and induce labor. Lucky for me, her niece was in town and offered to also do some reflexology on me. OMG. It was amazing! I have never felt so relaxed. It hasn't induced labor yet, but I am so grateful to them and their generosity to come over and help me relax and encourage our baby boy to come out!

- I was filling up the car with gas the other day, when a woman asked the question "when are you due"? A simple question, but one that got awkward quickly. She started asking more questions (from 10 feet away mind you) like, "How far are you dilated", etc? Wow, that's a little personal for the Costco gas station, lady! Haha. It's amazing how when you are pregnant people feel like they can ask you anything and tell you whatever they want...

- Still no name for Baby M. I think it's official we'll wait until we see him to make a decision. I'm so excited to meet our little guy I hope he hurries up and gets here!!

39 Weeks - in my favorite outfit. Pathetic, I know, but so comfy.

No comments: