The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, July 09, 2012

Pregnancy Diary {38 Weeks}

White Sox game - 38 weeks pregnant. 100+ heat index with humidity (yes, even at 10pm at night). The weather was awful but the company was amazing and I had a blast!! The constant ice from concessions helped too :)


38 Weeks and I am full term! For some reason that makes lots of people think I am going to give birth on the spot ... it doesn't really work that way! It's just a waiting game now -- whenever our little peanut wants to arrive. I am still thinking it's been a good strategy to assume he is going to come late because mentally I am fine with having a few more weeks on my 'clock'. We still have a number of things to check off our to-do list and I'm enjoying summer a bit too much still :) Here are a few highlights of the past few weeks (some of them noted already on this blog or on Facebook/etc so may not be new news but here we go):

-          I already talked about having Ryan's family in town-- they were here for 6 days and it was so fun to host them and show off our city! We love living here and we kept them very busy with lots of Chicago activities. We made our own Chicago Hot Dogs, and enjoyed family time at our condo as well. It's amazing how big our little condo felt after the 5 of them left! :) 
-          After the last ultra sound and knowing the approximate size of our little peanut, has really made things sink in. It's a good thing I have a "healthy baby- healthy attitude". I love knowing how baby M is positioned and feeling his little feet kick and knees roll around my stomach. 
-          Pregnancy brain -it's a real thing. I swear my brain can't connect the dots. I have a hard time putting sentences together and sounding like an intellectual woman. It's incredibly frustrating but I have essentially given up at this point. 
-          4th of July- We had a great day, but I had a meltdown by 8pm. I was so exhausted -- I just crashed. My sweet Ryan was so patient and concerned and did whatever he could to make me happy. My head hit the pillow that night and I was out. The next morning I woke up and thought "what was wrong with me last night?" And then I realized -- I'm 9 months pregnant and getting exhausted and emotional is absolutely normal. 
-          We went to our first baseball game of the season! It was a great game, Sox won, and we went with a group of friends that made the best out of an extremely hot and what could have been miserable game. 
-          I got invited to go to the Tim McGraw Kenny Chesney Concert! I don't listen to country as much lately, but I love love Tim and Kenny!! Some of their classic songs took me back to my high school days ----and they are such great performers! We had awesome seats and had a blast on a perfect Summer night at Soldier Field. 
-          I'm still loving our pool at the gym. Especially with this recent heatwave we had -- the hottest days we've had on record in Chicago for over 50 years -- Yuck!! The cool water feels good to cool me off and also helps soothe my sore legs and muscles and has become a great substitute for my 'normal' work outs. 
-          I went to dinner the other night and my server tried to convince me I needed a margerita. I kindly declined and pointed out my (very large) belly, and he asked "oh, when are you due?!" I smiled and said, in 2 weeks. His reponse? "No S***!" and then proceeded to rub my belly --  3 times! That's the first time a stranger has touched my belly --- it all happened so fast it didn't really phase me but was pretty funny. I think people expect full-term pregnant women to sit at home....but why would I do that? :) 
-          Over the weekend we started buying the final things we need (or think we need) for our little one. It's really happening! Any final advice tips for what to do once baby gets here is VERY appreciated!! 
-          I mentioned before that we don't have AC at our church building. After the heat wave this last week, church was pretty much unbearable. You could find me, along with my other 8 mos pregnant friends outside on the steps because it was cooler outside than it was in the building. We get points for showing up, right? Intentions were fully there...


Week 37- You've all seen this dress a few times now but it's sooo comfy and light!

Week 38 - Gotta love the LBD! Heels were maybe not a good decision but a girl just feels sexier in a pair of heels...

4 comments:

Brittney said...

I'm so excited for your little guy to get here!! I can't believe your church doesn't have A/C. Bonus point for you for even showing up! :)

Amanda said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately--especially upon hearing about the blast of hot weather you have gotten in Chicago.

You are looking fabulous--in true Miss Tina Fabulous fashion!!

Love you!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

You look so cute! I love your pregnant style. And your maternity picture in your blog header is GORGEOUS!!! Your little guy is going to be so adorable.

I was the same way with the due date expectancies -- I had completely convinced myself that Jake would be 7-8 days late and was totally fine with it. So when I went into labor two days before he was due, it felt SO early! Haha.

Family Travellers said...

Any wife willing to go to a game in 100 degree heat 38 weeks pregnant is a trooper. It's a picture I need to show my wife! www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com