The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, July 30, 2012

Pregnancy Diary {Week 41: Eating like it's my last meal- Recipes}

I somehow knew in my head and my heart that this little guy would be coming late. I was convinced from day one that I would have a 41-42 week pregnancy .... which has proven to be helpful as I am now in Week 42 waiting for him. I would love to go into labor on my own so we will see if that happens this week!!

In the mean time, my mom has arrived and we have been keeping busy!! So many little projects she is amazing at helping me get done (like re-organizing my cupboards and pantry, closets, bathroom, etc etc etc). In addition to many other thing, a few I will try to blog about this week.

The one thing we do love to do together is cook. We decided it would be fun to try new recipes while we are waiting for Baby M to arrive. Since we are so in love with the meals we ate last week,  I thought I would share with all of you. I've included the meals and links to recipes below, ranked in our favorite order. Note: The order was very hard to rank-- they were all AMAZING!

**Pictures to come. Blogger was acting up this morning. 

Grilled Vegetable and Fontina Pizza

Source: Cooking Light
Link: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-vegetable-pizza-50400000122500/ 
Notes: We added genoa salami to make it a meaty pizza for my husband. We also used Pilsbury pizza dough because we didn't have time to make our own, and it turned out fluffy and had a great smokey flavor. We followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it was AMAZING! 

Pasta With Zucchini and a Lemon Basil Sauce

Source: Our Best Bites
Link: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/07/zucchini-ribbon-pasta-with-light-creamy-lemon-basil-sauce/
Notes: We didn't ribbon the zucchini, we just quartered it to be the same size as the Ziti pasta we used. Served with Grilled Chicken Breast.


Salmon with a Corn Relish

Source: Kiley's Kitchen
Recipe:
1 Ear of corn (we cooked on BBQ and then sliced kernals off)
1 Avocado, chopped
1 cup cherry tomato halves
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Notes: We served with BBQ salmon and coconut rice and BBQ Pineapple. You can add/take away what you want from this recipe.

Herbed Shrimp and Bean Salad

Source: Cooking Light
Link: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shrimp-white-bean-salad-50400000114428/
Notes: We followed the recipe as noted. It was fantastic, I loved how the flavors blended together and you could really taste the herbs.


I also had a sweet tooth this week, so we made a few of my favorite desserts.

Black and White

Source: Dewars
Recipe:
Dollop Hot Fudge Sauce
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
more hot fudge
chocolate ice cream
marshmallow cream
almonds/walnuts to top
Note: It's not worth making if you don't have the real Dewars Fudge and Marshmallow Sauce. My mom brought it with her from California to Chicago for me!!

Peach and Blueberry Crisp

Source: Cooking Light
Link: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apple-cranberry-crisp-10000000521615/
Notes: This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It's so easy to make and doesn't make me feel too guilty about dessert when I am just using in-season fruits :) I always adapt to what is in season.


2 comments:

Rodney and Kylee said...

I've been wanting your fruit crisp recipe for awhile now...thanks for sharing!

Thinking about you....good luck this week!

Unknown said...

That Salmon with Corn Relish sounds amazing! Will definitely have to try that. Hope you are recovering well this week :)