Here's a secret: In Chicago I love the 3rd almost as much as the 4th.
We've had a really great 4th of July weekend already. We just returned from a trip to Michigan, including the famous Mackinac Island (blogs from that trip to come soon). As we drove into Chicago we saw at least a dozen fireworks shows going on in Michigan, Indiana and Chicago. It was awesome. On July 3rd, we sung Patriotic songs at church, BBQ'd and then headed over to Millennium Park for the Symphony Orchestra concert of "American Songs" including Star Spangled Banner, Overture of 1812, Armed Forces, etc. It was amazing. A great way to spend a Sunday evening. After the show we hung out with some friends in their condo on the 54th floor of their building. After admiring the gorgeous sunset, we spent an hour watching dozens of fireworks shows going on out in the suburbs of Chicago. It was so cool!! We finished the evening with an American Classic Movie: The Sandlot.
| We love the Pritzker Pavillion and the concerts in the summer! |
I love the 4th of July -- so many great memories of spending the 4th with my family; but also because I'm so grateful to live in America. We are so blessed to live in this beautiful country and have the freedom that we enjoy. Especially right now with so many others fighting for the freedoms that we enjoy, and take for granted. I am grateful for my family and friends who continue to fight for our freedom. Thank you for your sacrifice and dedication to our country.
I hope you're having a great 4th!!
1 comment:
i'm not going to lie. i'm a little jealous you got to sit and watch big fireworks from your house. we had a nice show for the little kids, but BC doesn't do a show anymore :(
Post a Comment