The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy 4th - Continued. 

We took full advantage of the Holiday and had a really great 4th of July. Started with Tennis in the morning (side note: at the park at 8:30am we found caution tape up where families had blocked off their designated picnic areas for the day. They already had their smokers going with BBQ Chicken-- I was trying to figure out how I could get a piece of that... so jealous). Ok, so after tennis we cleaned our house, had a quick (delicious) lunch and then rode our bikes and met some friends at Northerly Island Beach. It was so hot in the sun, which made it nice to swim in the lake. My first time swimming in Lake Michigan!

I love going to the beach and seeing this gorgeous skyline in my view:


Monday evening we hosted a BBQ with some friends from our ward (check out this awesome festive ice cream cake our friends made!), and then walked over to Millennium Park to watch the Navy Pier Fireworks.

Custom ice cream cake -- so delicious!
Fireworks in the distance-- we didn't have enough time to walk the extra mile to get closer to Navy Pier. It's ok-- Navy Pier does Fireworks shows every Wednesday and Saturday in the summer. We'll see them again :)
Seriously, such a great 4th-- the only thing that could have been better is if we were with our families. I have to say, my favorite part of the evening was when we got home and I heard Ryan yell, "Kiley get our here!" I went out to the balcony and saw dozens of 4th of July fireworks going on in the western suburbs. We were 3 for 3 seeing fireworks shows in the suburbs over the weekend! It was the perfect way to end the day.

No comments: