Brussels.
These are the days that I love my job.
I had a few meetings in Brussels in June. I feel so lucky that I get to travel for work, and especially to great international cities!! I arrived in Brussels on Sunday morning, and quickly found myself to my hotel, and then off to church in a nearby suburb in Lueven. The church members are so kind and lovely there. They had a family baptism that afternoon, and they invited me to stay for the baptism and lunch, so I did. The baptism was beautiful and the food was amazing!!
 |
| Cool street in Lueven. |
 |
| Row houses in Lueven. |
 |
| Traditional Belgian Feast. |
 |
| Traditional Belgian Meatball Soup. |
 |
| Square in Lueven. |
I had a day to explore Brussels on my own, and loved touring this beautiful city. I filled up on chocolates, Belgian waffles and lots of seafood! So good!
 |
| Grand Plaza. |
 |
| Grand Plaza. |
 |
| Grand Plaza. |
 |
| Flowers in the Grand Plaza. |
 |
| Beautiful windows and detail on these buildings. |
 |
| The detail is just incredible. |
 |
| Grand Plaza. |
 |
| Grand Plaza. |
 |
| THE FIRST Godiva store! |
 |
| I was SUCH a tourist! It was 60 degrees and rainy this day ... so I just embraced my tourist nature. |
 |
| Cute chocolate store. |
 |
| Yummy Truffles. |
 |
| Restaurant Row. When mom and returned on Thursday night to this street we were attacked by male hosts trying to lure us inside!! I was NOT wanting seafood and so I politely declined each of them. I also had to force them out of my way after I declined!! |
 |
| One of the many lace stores. |
 |
| The cobblestone Road. I loved these roads at first...until I had to drag my suitcase on them for a mile... |
 |
| Famous gold statue-- ritual to touch him and get good luck. |
 |
| Famous Mannequin Pis Statue. Yes, it's a little boy peeing, and it's the Belgians favorite statue! |
 |
| Beautiful Church. |
 |
| Street singers/musicians. |
 |
| Cool buildings on a hill. |
 |
| Beautiful Gardens. |
 |
| Doorway. |
 |
| Tiny alleyway-- reminds me of Venice. |
 |
| Modern part of town --- crazy to see this and then the old buildings, right? |
 |
| Beautiful church. |
 |
| This guy was just classic. |
On Wednesday morning my mom flew in to see Brussels, and then to travel with me after. She joined us for dinner at a traditional Belgian restaurant, and we watched my colleagues enjoy a beer tasting...
 |
| View from inside the restaurant. |
 |
| I wanted to take a photo of the beer mug-- and at the last second my co-worked put her fingers up! Awesome. She knows our standards! |
Our next stop ... Brugges! The Venice of the North...
2 comments:
Pretty pictures! I want to live vicariously through you -- love Belgium!
What a beautiful place! And that food looks SOOO good! yum. How fun that you get to travel to such cool places for work!
Post a Comment