Well, at least SIGNS of spring have sprung.
It's been a long winter and yesterday we finally got a taste of spring/summer. It was a glorious 83 degrees in Chicago and I have to say, we made the most of it.
I started by taking my Young Women's class outdoors (I teach the 12-18 year olds in my church congregation). Although the wind proved to be a little difficult, you couldn't beat the amazing weather.
After church Ryan and I took a book and a magazine across the street to our little park. We like to think of it as our "backyard" that we don't have to mow or garden -- ahh city life. Ryan noticed while we were there that some of the trees had started to bud! This was very exciting news as most trees look like this:
However, a few trees now look like this:
That evening we were invited over to dinner by a couple in our ward. We decided to walk the 1.5 miles to their home. As we were walking I noticed the FIRST tulips of the Chicago Spring season!! I CAN NOT WAIT for the
We also got some VERY exciting news over the weekend-- my parents have decided to come to Chicago for Easter/my Birthday weekend!! I am hopeful that our trees will be in bloom with cherry blossoms and that these gorgeous tulips will be filling the streets with their vibrant color. That would be a perfect birthday gift from Chicago to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment