The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Monday, April 04, 2011

I feel like I've made it in life. 
This weekend I accomplished one of my goals: Re-creating Grandma Pixton's cinnamon rolls. And they were really great. 


It's kind of late, I just got into Austin, Texas for a business trip this week so I won't go into too much detail, but I had to brag. I followed all of Grandma Pixton's 42 rules of thumb that I learned a few weeks ago in Utah, and I actually did it-- I made really great rolls! My husband said "WOW" and even said they tasted like Grandma's. I couldn't ask for a better response. See my progress below: 

The dough MORE than doubled in size!

Adding the filling. Yum.
 
Do you LOVE my gorgeous Ranunculas? I do.

Just after I rolled the dough and cute the rolls.

An hour later after they had time to RISE.

After baked in the oven with the frosting. Sigh. They are so good.
The full pan of rolls.

Delicious.
 Thank you, Grandma Pixton for teaching me how to make your fluffy yummy rolls! I still have a lot to learn, but I feel like this was a great start!

4 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

mmmmmmm.....they look good! I planted Ranunculus in my garden this year, I hope they bloom.

Little Military Wife said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Wow these look AMAZING!!! And the Ranunculuses are almost as beautiful as the cinnamon rolls! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom.

me :) said...

Those look DELISH!!!! Recipe? I hope it's not a secret.