Disney & The Greatest Idea on Earth.
I found out about this new Disney Volunteer campaign early in January 2010. You give a day of service, and get a free Disneyland ticket. Does life get any better than that? So of course I immediately logged on and found a really cool volunteer opportunity for us to do in April. In the urban neighborhoods of Minneapolis they have these urban gardens for young children and young adults to learn how to plant and harvest. This teaches the kids about sustainability, and small business, as well as getting them off the streets. The non-profit needs volunteers to help them maintain the gardens, as their youth programs include more than taking care of the gardens. We spent the day pulling weeds, hoeing, raking, etc, etc. We had a blast getting to know other people in the community and working together for a good cause. The best part about it is that we got FREE tickets to Disneyland for our efforts.
 |
| She's not much to look at in early spring. Also, we failed to take any pictures of US working! Oh well. |
So soon after we did our volunteer service, we got our Disneyland tickets. However, at the time, we were in the middle of selling our house and moving to Chicago and realized we may not get a chance to use them! With the move and all trips we had this year with work and family, I just didn't know how we'd squeeze in a day at Disneyland. Last week while we were in Bakersfield, I had a brilliant idea. Our flight to Chicago was out of LAX at 6:30pm -- plenty of time to hit up a half day at Disneyland. AND it was my little sister, Ashley's birthday this week, and Disneyland is her FAVORITE, so of course we brought her along!!
As we drove to Disneyland I got more and more excited. When I lived in Orange County I had an annual pass and went almost weekly, so I've been many many times. But every time is magical and unique. I love going to Disneyland. There's a magical feeling of being at the Happiest Place on Earth! And especially when you are at Disneyland for the first time with your husband (who hadn't been to Disneyland since he was 6!).
We got to Disneyland early in the morning, and to our surprise, the park was practically empty!! The longest we waited in line was 25 minutes--it was amazing! We had such a great day.
 |
| I love all the Christmas Decorations at Disneyland! |
 |
| In front of the giant Christmas Tree! |
 |
| I love all the garland and wreaths! |
 |
| Can you see I totally killed Ryan in this game?! It was pretty intense. |
 |
| Pirates was Ryan's favorite ride. Why? Because it gives you the best ROI. Short line & long ride. |
 |
| I love this alcove in the park. And especially with the Christmas Tree!! |
 |
| New Orleans Square decorations. |
 |
| The Haunted Holiday Mansion all decked out. |
 |
| Tom Sawyer's Island. |
 |
| So Space Mountain was a big deal. When Ryan was last at Disneyland, at age 6, all he wanted to do was ride Space Mountain. Well, he waited in line for 2 hours and while in line, Nan got him an ice cream cone. But he got to the front of the line and couldn't ride the ride with his ice cream, so he missed his chance at Space Mountain. Now, 25 years later, he redeemed himself. |
 |
| Sweet Ride! |
 |
| Matterhorn. |
 |
| On the ride. |
 |
| I love the castle decorated for Christmas! |
 |
| Christmas Wreaths. |
 |
| Love love love big Christmas Trees! |
The weather was gorgeous, and like I said, no lines, so who could ask for a better day at Disneyland? In 5 hours we rode:
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Carribbean
Indiana Jones
Haunted Mansion
Thunder Mountain
Finding Nemo
Matterhorn
Peter Pan
If you've ever been to Disneyland, you know how good that is!! We also had gumbo in a bread bowl for lunch & a churro for a sweet treat. Love love love Disneyland! Thanks Disney for giving us a free day of fun and adventure! I can't wait to go back!!
 |
| We love Disney Give & Get! |
2 comments:
SO fun! I was jealous when I read about the service idea because I wouldn't be there this year - haha! I'm glad you got to go. The Haunted Mansion all "Nightmared Up" is my favorite! :)
Glad things are going well with you, girl!
*muah*
HOW FUNNN!!!!! I love that place!! Love your pics, too :)
Post a Comment