I'm getting back on track.
The last few (6) months have been kind of crazy for me. The news of the move and then the stress of making the move happen, then actually living in Chicago. Its been a lot of change. My body hasn't taken it so well. I let myself give up my daily running time during the summer months when I was too stressed out to make it a priority (worst decision ever, right?) so once I got to Chicago I was determined to get myself back in gear. I started running in the city, and was doing pretty well at a daily routine. I was feeling good. Until my leg started aching.
I had this burning sensation that ran from my hip down to my leg. At first I thought it was from all the walking we do (at least 2 miles a day in the summer) so I kept running and would just stretch it a lot more. But the pain didn't go away, and it began interrupting my sleep, so after discussing it with my mom, she suggested I lay off running for a while and let it heal. She told me she thought it was my periformis muscle. Since then, I've gone for a run here and there -- and I miss running daily but I know I need to take it easy (and the temperatures are dropping to below my running level).
That being said, I still need to get myself back on track. I'm not loving the 5lbs I've gained this summer from the stress and lack of a daily workout routine, so I'm going to get back into my weight training program and try to build up this leg muscle that I've aggravated. I'm going to lay off sweets (except for Thanksgiving week of course) and adjust my eating habits so they are more conducive to a healthy lifestyle, and hopefully find a yoga class to do on a regular basis. I love yoga. Especially in the winter.
So, why am I telling you all of this? Because I need to be held accountable. I'm going to get my husband onboard, and depending on how motivated I am, I may even wake up at 5:30am to work out with him. Ok, that's a long shot, but I do miss working out with Ryan :)
Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Uhh! I feel your pain! With my surgery, I stopped running for the last few months and now I get out of breath walking up 10 stairs. We can hold each other accountable! :)
Good luck Ky! I am in the same boat you are. Got the yoga/walking/running thing up to about 4 days a week (still could get one or even two more days in there) but my eating habits are terrible so I havent seen a lot of improvement in my weight. It is so hard! Keep me posted on your progress and what works for you, I am always looking for tips and inspiration :)
Post a Comment