The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicago: Where we try to get our culture on. 

So November began with our first trip to the Shakespeare theater on Navy Pier. We scored the "young professionals" discount and were excited to see Romeo and Juliet. I was SO EXCITED when we got into the theater-- it is designed like The Globe in London!! So cool! Well, ok, so it's not outdoors, but it's like an indoor version of the globe. The acting was great and it was fun to see a classic Shakespeare Play. We will definitely be going back!! (sorry for the bad photos, my camera was still with my mom, so these were taken with my phone). I'll take more pictures next time.


Awkward photo taken by yours truly. No one would take our picture that night. Crazy, right?
From our seats.
Our next cultural experience was Lion King on Broadway. Ryan had never seen it, and I loved it when I saw it at age 15, so naturally I was excited to go. Unfortunately, we didn't buy tickets early so when we wanted to go, it was 2 weeks before it was leaving and every show was sold out. Tickets on craigslist were going for $180 each, and that was just way too much.



So what did we do? We decided to walk down to the theater, and see if anyone had extra tickets. It was a long shot, but what else were we going to do on a Friday night?

So, to make a long story short, we got lucky. A choir director from Toronto had 1 extra ticket, and this sweet cute kid I ran into had an extra ticket (I felt so bad for him, he didn't have a date to the show!) He had 2 tickets, and traded us our 1 from the Band director and gave us his seats --two $100 tickets!! We had amazing seats and got to see some of the characters up close. It was SO MUCH FUN.






If you haven't seen Lion King on Broadway-- GO. It's amazing. We had a blast and were counting our blessings for our sweet seats.


I love the decor of these old theaters.

They were collecting money after the show and I didn't know I couldn't take a picture... probably should have known better. oops.


No comments: