The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome to our World

I like to think this blog gives some insight to our world, and our life. I probably don't really capture it well enough though -- mostly just highlighting the adventures we go on with subsequent photos. Hopefully I can try to capture what real life is like at the Merrill Household.

Like how good it feels to finally feel we have a "home" again-- and that Chicago is home. There are certain moments when I have realized this like walking hand in hand through the loop on our way home from a concert, or baseball game, or any adventure that we go on. Walking into our apartment and knowing that this is our little haven from the world. I also get these moments when I am asked on the street where something is, and I am instantly able to give directions. I am able to navigate easily in this crazy place.

The best feeling, however, is the feeling of Ryan and I being "us" again. After a summer of questions, stress, and change, we were both under a lot of pressure. We tried to be ourselves, but something was different as we were trying to make sense of the recent events and upcoming challenges. Now that we have all of that behind us, I can happily say that we are back to our happy, less-stressed selves. We are able to have a casual date night and enjoy sleeping in on a Saturday or two. We've also been able to take our bikes out for a semi-long ride, something we haven't done in months. We're settling back into life with new challenges but at least the change (for now) has subsided.

I'm excited for this new chapter in our lives and taking advantage of all that this new opportunity offers us.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

This post made me happy. I'm glad you are feeling less-stressed. It's nice to have those moments where you actually have time and energy to breath and just live life. Glad to hear you two are doing well!

eliza said...

such good news and what a beautiful picture. change is exciting but can be very stressful. yay for lazy saturdays. when you are showing a house, you do not get many of those. i am happy to hear you have them back.