I grew up on BYU football. I didn't really get it, though. I definitely refused to memorize the BYU fight song, and would watch the games with my dad from time to time. When Ashley was in the band, we even went to some bowl games (yes, they were ALL the Vegas bowl) which was awesome, but I still didn't quite understand.
But then I became a Cougar.
I guess understanding BYU football is something that has to be experienced on the campus of BYU and in Cougartown. I definitely went to all the home games (thanks Dad for my All-Sports Pass both years!!) and slowly over time, learned the BYU fight song. Even the motions to go along with it.
Cosmo and I became good friends.

There is nothing like a game at Lavell Edwards Stadium.

Now, I live in Chicago. And somehow, on gameday Saturday I am wishing I were back in Provo to cheer on the Cougs with my mom and dad. I've even been following all the BYU news and drama (yes, I watched the Press Conference last Wednesday that declared our Independence!!) I am finding ways to watch the game (we don't get CBS sports--a sports bar will have to do) and getting so excited for kick-off. Dad, all those years of infusing me with Cougar-love finally worked. I am a Cougarfan.
My dad is the ultimate Cougar Fan.
Ok, maybe my COUGRBND sister had a little something to do with it too.
1 comment:
haha, i still don't get it. but mostly because its football. I don't mind watchign the occassional game, but even being on BYU campus for 2 years didn't help me much. never went to a game. hmm
Post a Comment