The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Namaste.

When Ryan first told me he had heard about this -- I was incredulous. Free YOGA in Millennium park? No way, I said. They would definitely charge you money for that. But when I looked up the events for Millennium Park in the summer, I was so surprised that my husband was right.

FREE YOGA. In the PARK. Could life get any better? Well, maybe if it was at 10am instead 8am, it could get a little bit better :)

Ambitious, we both got up on Saturday morning at 7:30 and ran the 1 mile to Millennium Park. I realized once we got a little closer that we didn't take yoga mats with us. We didn't even take a blanket, or a sheet, not even a towel, or trash bags (some people get creative). We decided we try it out anyway. What's more natural than yoga in the park, on the grass.

Ryan has never tried yoga before, and I love that he was willing to do it with me!! I think he had a good time, (aside from realizing how un-flexible he is--aren't all guys not- flexible??) One of the coolest parts about this yoga session was the live band that they had to play music for us. AMAZING! I also loved that we were there, in the sunshine, on a beautiful Saturday morning, with at least a couple hundred other yoga-ers. It was amazing! So refreshing.









After yoga, we checked out the bean, also known as the Cloud, in the morning light. Gorgeous!



Just look at that city skyline!!




We ran back to the condo and decided to use the gift certificate the owner of our condo gave us when we moved in, to Lou Mitchells. A famous breakfast hot spot in Chicago, that happens to be 2 blocks from our place (yes, when you come to visit we will make you wait in line to eat there with us, its so good). It is the official start of Route 66, and has been a Chicago must-go hot spot for a number of years.





I was happy to get seated outside on the patio, and enjoy an incredible breakfast with Ryan. What better way to gain back the calories you just burned?? A great start to a great Saturday!



No comments: