The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Moving

Moving is hard. It's also exciting. There are many pros and cons. I am a very positive person and I think there is a lot to be gained by moving frequently and learning to appreciate different areas of the country, or even the world.

However, there is one big con of moving. And that is having to find a new:
Doctor
Hair Stylist
Esthetician
Dentist
Jeweler
Make-up consultant

It's not only a hassle, it's time consuming!! Not to mention finding your new favorite grocery store, boutique shopping, sandwich cafe, the list could go on and on. Some of these can be nerve-wracking to try (Doctor or Dentist especially!) and I even had a dream right after we moved to Chicago that I went to get my eyebrows done, and the lady waxed my entire right eyebrow right off!! I was sobbing in my dream and it made me realize how traumatic one false move could be.

Places like yelp.com and Google reviews can help you avoid the pitfalls of trying a new place, but nothing is fool-proof. Wish me luck today, I'm trying my first new place in Chicago.

3 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Good luck finding your new favorites! Chicago has to be brimming with the good stuff.

I'm so terrified of finding a new hair stylist that I haven't even bothered yet! I just get it done whenever I go home, and it gives me an excuse to go home more often. Full color + cut here would be $200, and it's only $60 back home since I've gone to the same lady for so long. So, that $140 savings just paid for my trip back home, basically. Or at least I tell myself that :-)

Ryan and Kiley said...

you don't know how lucky you are!! a plane trip home to CA would be $400 ... so I don't exactly have that option!

Ryan and Kiley said...

you don't know how lucky you are!! a plane trip home to CA would be $400 ... so I don't exactly have that option!