Who doesn't love a great American Holiday, like Labor Day?? I checked the weather, and it was supposed to be a beautiful day, 80+ degrees and sunny. I convinced Ryan we needed at least 1 more day at the
To my disappointment, it was really windy and not exactly sunny. We had big plans to kayak on the lake, or even jetski, but the extreme wind conditions forced the kayak rentals to be closed, and we didn't last long enough to stay for our jetski rental time slot. It wasn't that warm, it was super windy (do you see my hair in this picture?). We decided after an hour or so that we had enough of the beach.
This did not end our Labor Day adventures. We decided to explore a neighboring city, Evanston, just a few miles north of where we were, and home to Northwestern University Campus is full of old buildings and churches so we walked around to get a closer look. Check it out:
We finally came across Kellogg. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the building. But you know what they say... its what's on the inside that counts...
I saw a sign for a lighthouse, so we kept driving until we found it:
We put our Dora Explorer caps on and found a path that lead from the lighthouse out to this:
I was definitely out in the lead of this expedition:
We checked out Ryan Field (where their football team plays) and then decided to head home for a classic Labor Day BBQ and college football.
BBQ Chicken, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, watermelon.
And to top it off: Goose Island Root Beer (yes we went to 3 stores until we found it!) So worth it.
We always get to end our days with a beautiful sunset.
2 comments:
Fun pictures for a fun day - My Dad got his Master's at Northwestern - Yeah! I think your new married life is so fun - good for you guys! Keep exploring and making wonderful memories for the both of you.
- Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment