The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Friday, September 17, 2010

This girl in a different city

I had a really great week in San Francisco. Our work meetings were challenging and exciting and I got to learn so much about my co-workers. We each have a deep passion for what we do, which makes my job and my company so unique-- and I LOVE it! What a unique opportunity to work together to see the success of this company grow. I feel really blessed to be a part of it. (Note: I work for a company called Executive Networks, based out of San Francisco. Its a small company that operates peer networks for HR Executives of very large companies. My job is to recruit new executives to participate. Its an amazing company and I love it!)

It was also a great trip because I got to see some of my favorite people who live in the SF area. I went to dinner with Spencer Starley, Katie Forrest, Dave Dickson and Ryan Wells. I love friendships that are just effortless and that's the best way I can describe these friends and this dinner. It was so fun to catch up and joke and laugh and support each other at this stage in our lives. It was fabulous! Love you guys!!




I also met up for dinner with my girlfriend, Lindsay Fife. (Linds why do we have this new habit of not taking pictures together??) We have been friends for a number of years now and I love that our friendship survives the distance that I put between us! (First, when I moved to Utah, and then Minnesota and now Chicago). Linds is amazing and I love our chats and inevitable window shopping that we do while we're together! She also knows the best places to eat, no matter what city we are in.

Another reason I loved this trip was the gorgeous weather I was able to enjoy in The City. I was a little worried when I saw that it was going to be in the 60's in SF, but I came prepared and was able to enjoy beautiful clear skys with the bright SUN. It was amazing. If any of you have been to SF you know how rare these clear days are. I could see the Bay Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz from the hills of Nob Hill. It was incredible. Here are some photos.








I also love SF is because of the great memories I have visiting The City with my family. My dad used to work in the city, so my mom and I would occasionally meet up and hit up Macys, Betsey and BR, among other shops. On Wednesday while I was working, it was my mom's birthday so I decided to send her e-cards with photos of me in our favorite places. This is what she got:









I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Pac Bell ATT Park It is my favorite stadium (I'm going to leave it up to the BoSox to change my mind) and when I found out they were playing the Dodgers on Wednesday night, I had to go. I met up with our long-time family friend, Rick Meyers, VP of Guest Relations for ATT Park and we caught the end of the game together. When Rick was sitting with me he asked:

Rick: "So, are you here with clients?"

me: No, I just came by myself.

Rick: "Did you take a cab down here?"

me: No, I walked. I was just in Union Square (about a mile walk).

Rick: "Oh. Wow."

A little bit later:

Rick: "These are great seats, how'd you get these?"

me: I scalped it.

Rick" "wow, you are quite the sports fan!"

I like to think he was a little impressed with my skills. :) You can't keep me away from a great game!






Me and Rick.




The game was really fun, and in the end we won. When I told my dad that he said "who's we?" Oh, the Giants of course. I decided I'd side with the home team this time-- sorry Dodgers!!! Who can blame me when the crowd is constantly chanting "BEAT LA, BEAT LA" -- the rivalry is quite strong. But I did wear both orange and blue to represent both teams :)


My last day in SF may have been my favorite. I was actually only in the city until about 9AM, but I got up early and went for a little jog. I was exploring and wanted to go to North Beach, so I ran from Nob Hill down to Washington Square. I decided to keep going, so I ended up running to Fisherman's Warf. As I ran out on the pier, I smelled the sea salt and it brought back a feeling of "home" for me. I love California and the ocean smell. I listened to the sea otters welcoming me to their home and I looked out over the bay. To my left, was Golden Gate Bridge, to my right, the Bay Bridge, and right in front of me was Alcatraz. I wish I could have stayed there all morning and watched the locals fish, and listened to the sea otters, but I needed to get back.

Washington Square


The cute old Asian women exercising in Washington Square:


My Run:


Coit Tower



My first glance at Alcatraz from a mile away:



Out on the pier






On my way back, I noticed a street that looked familiar -- Lombard.



So UP I went, up all the hills I ran down to get to the water. Back up to Nob Hill ... feeling refreshed and satisfied and ready to get back to my new home, and to my husband.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are too funny. Did you actually WORK on this trip or just play everywhere?! ;) Consider me jealous- I wish i could get out of town for a few days, but I guess that will have to wait a few more weeks ;)

Ryan and Kiley said...

Oh I definitely worked-- I just know how to fill my spare time!!