The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, August 09, 2007

How do people survive without cell phones???

So the original plan was to meet Mom and Dad at the Mary Poppins box office at 11:00am. However, Ash and I got the tickets at 10:30 so we decided to email dad that we would meet them at their hotel at 11:30. Ash and I headed to the changing of the guard (could there BE any more people there???), and then to Sloan square (where I thought their hotel was). After searching through the square I remembered that their hotel was BY sloan square but the tube stop was actually Knightsbridge. So we get back on the tube and go to the Sheraton Tower in Knighstbridge. Too bad that wasn't their hotel. Back on the internet (5 pounds for 30 min---eww). We find out its the Belgrave hotel. So back on the streets looking for this hotel. This time I have my determined, frustrated walk... which is superfast. Poor ash could hardly keep up! We circle Belgrave square twice (which is NOT small) and ask at least 10 people where it is (half of them have no idea). Until I finally ask a police officer and he laughs and pionts us in the right direction. It still took us 2 more attempts after that to find it (honestly why are hotels hidden amongst the Embassies, anyway?) So we walk in, so excited to finally be there when the conceriege tells us "Oh are you Kiley and Ashley? Go to Mary Poppins Box office" NOOOO! I scream. So back to the streets, to the tube, to Mary Poppins box office where we find mom and dad. thank goodness. After that we grabbed Pasties and then headed to the British Museum. Then to Harrods where we saw the best Christmas display ever (did I mention its only 137 days until Christmas??) Then we past all the BEAUTIFUL cars (honeslty, this is more ridiculous than Beverly Hills, 5 Phantoms in 5 minutes? Could my life GET any better??) We grabbed dinner at Harrods and went back to the hotel. Then off to the play. Mary Poppins was AMAZING and our seats could not have been better (4th row center!). We all loved the show and had a great night. OH and on the way to the tube we saw the most fantastic looking Transvestite singing Kareoke ... I had to look twice to make sure it wasnt a real girl ... trust me it wasn't. haha. We went back to the center and heard all about how amazing Phantom was from the girls so we decided to get Phantom tickets for the next night. I love living in London! Shows every night!

Changing of the Guard...






I LOVE CHRISTMAS!




My Walk by all the pretty cars...











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.