Back from Paris life goes back to "normal" in London for just 10 more days. I attend church, and then head to Westminster to attend Evensong. I was supposed to meet Mom and Dad there at 3:00PM. Although this was the plan, i knew it would not be the case. Hoping they were just running late, I begin to worry how we will get in contact with each other if something were wrong. However, as soon as I walk out of Westminster, they were there at the gate! Its amazing how 1 or 2 people can make a place feel like home. Ashley met us a few minutes later, and then we proceed to show them London.
Its not very exciting to show jet lagged people a city. Instead of "ooing" and "ahhing" over every cool thing they just nodded and kept walking. I have to admit I was a little disapointed by this. We took them by Downing street (where the Prime Minster lives), up to Trafalgar Square (The National Gallery), up to Covent Garden and then to Leisters Square. We covered a lot of ground. We also ate at Wagamama's, which was highly encouraged by a family friend back home. We loved it!! After dinner we headed back to Kensington and got mom and dad ready to leave for Ireland. It was so good to see them and I can't wait for them to get back from Cork withi some energy so they can fall in love with London like I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment