The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Tuesday, August 07, 2007

BRIGHTON= BEACH ... I THINK NOT!
So we keep hearing that the beach in England is Brighton. Thats where everyone goes for Holiday. So when we found out we had an excursion to go to Brighton we looked up pictures to see what it looked like. We were horrified. This could not be a beach-- the sand granules in the picture are so large you can see them in low resolution! We were in trouble. Anna and I tried to get out of it, but our professors made us go.
I even tried to sleep in, but Lexi woke me up. Thanks Lex. On our way to Brighton we stop off where the Battle of Hastings was. I wasn't too familiar with this battle, but apparently it was a key battle of the Normans conquest over England. The coolest part of it was when William the Conqueror stabbed the Saxon king Harold in the eye with an arrow. There is a huge plaque where this supposedly took place, so naturally we re-enacted the scene ... yes we are dorks, but i would rather look at it as making the most out of a situation.
So on to Brighton. We went to George IV elaborate Beach house ... it was pretty gauty but totally beautiful. After that we headed to the beach. Just to see what it looked like. OMG. I couldn't believe the SIZE of the "sand". Its honestly not even close to sand. It is ROCKS. Larger than pebbles. Literally ROCKS. (see pictures below). We laugh as we saunter onto the "beach" and take a few seats looking out into the ocean. We relaxed there for a while and then headed back into town to check out the shops. Thankfully the shopping was great and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there.
Brighton Smighten. Not too impressed.





No comments: