Also known as: Blizzard of the decade.
While I was in San Francisco, I heard about a big storm hitting Chicago, and the rest of the country. At first I wasn't too worried about it ... and then I realized, hello your flight is cancelled. The crazy thing is that I had to put two and two together. You would think that American Airlines would at least LET YOU KNOW that your flight was cancelled... not so. I had to call multiple times to figure out what was going on, and then pick a new date/time that would hopefully not also be cancelled.
I watched the news and hear reports of Lake Shore Drive being completely shut down-- with hundreds of cars and people stranded (yikes). I talked to Ryan, who sent me this picture of the view out our window:
Yikes!! We actually had a friend in town, who decided to stay in the subarbs, and take the train in to meet Ryan for dinner that night. He was stranded on the train for an hour before he was able to get into the train station and meet up with Ryan. After dinner he attempted to make it back to his hotel. Key word: Attempted. He ended up driving all the way back to the city because the off ramps on the free way were blocked with stranded cars!! Crazy! The bottom line was that I was JEALOUS that he got to spend a snow day in our condo with Ryan and not me.
I know, this sounds crazy, but I was really sad to not be in Chicago for the big storm. I had been asking for a snow day all year long and was jealous of all the snow NYC was getting. Chicago doesn't seem to get nearly as much snow, and I was missing it. So of course it would happen that I would be in Sunny gorgoues San Francisco, and be wishing I were back at home in Chicago, snuggling up with my hunny and watching the storm take the city. I missed it. Oh well.
When I flew in from SF the next day, I got a beautiful view of the city covered in a blanket of snow.
Once I was home, I had a few errands to run. I know, not ideal to be running errands the day after a huge storm that shut down the city, but we were leaving for Puerto Rico the NEXT MORNING so what's a girl to do? After driving around for 20 minutes looking for parking, I finally had to illegally park and wish the Chicago Police would be kind to me on a day like this. It was crazy out there! The craziest thing was climbing over 2 feet of snow to get to where I needed to go...
![]() |
| Can you see my footprints? I climbed over this! |



No comments:
Post a Comment