OPRAH at HARPO Studios.
A little dream come true.
Ever since we moved to Chicago, I've been trying to get Oprah tickets. They are surprisingly hard to get (especially since it's her last season in Chicago). I wrote essays and applied multiple times for tickets but to no avail. I got busy with work and life and kind of gave up on going to see a taping of her show. To my surprise, a friend got tickets and invited me to go with her!!
We live just a short 5 blocks away from HARPO studios, so we walked over on Wednesday for the taping. I had no idea what the topic would be for the show, and I could not have been more pleased! The Show is "The Worlds Most Talented Kids" including a performance by Willow Smith (Will and Jada Smiths 10-year old daughter) who has an awesome single out "Whip your Hair" (see below). Willow rocks-- she is so confident. We also got a sweet bonus-- her parents came out behind the scenes to congratulate her, and wave hi to the audience! Sweet!
Other highlights of the show included:
12 year old dancers D'Angelo and Amanda - I saw them first on "Live to Dance". They ended up winning the prize of $500k from the show, and were featured on Oprah for their amazing dancing skills. Check out their video below.
Other highlights of the show include an 18 year old guitar genius. He would jam out in his basement--then one day his friends recorded him and put it on youtube. Within 3 days he has over 100,000 views. He played for us and I loved his sound. Hopefully he goes far in his music career. Oprah heard that Lenny Kravitz saw this kids' youtube video and thought he was good, so she asked Lenny to come to the show and meet this guy. The kid's facial expressions said it all when Lenny walked on stage and asked if he wanted to "jam" with him. It was awesome! The icing on the cake was the guitar that Lenny gave to him.
Thanks Tiffany for inviting me to go to the Oprah Show with you!! I had a great time dancing and singing and watching in awe at these incredible young kids!!
Tune into the show on Tuesday March 1 if you want to see what I'm talking about.


No comments:
Post a Comment