The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, December 23, 2010

On our 9th Date of Christmas...

The Mag Mile at Christmas.

When I was 15 I came to Chicago for the first time with my family. It was one of our big family vacations growing up. We spent a week in Chicago, and then another week or so touring Nauvoo and the historic sites. While in Chicago my mom took us all around-- to all the museums, Navy Pier, the Mag Mile, State Street shopping, etc. We went to Harry Careys, ate Chicago-style hot dogs, and just had a blast. We loved it. Ever since then I had always wanted to come back to Chicago at Christmastime. I remember hearing about how the storefronts on Michigan Ave (The Mag Mile) would decorate their windows for Christmas, and I thought that was just magical.

So, of course when we moved to Chicago, this was high on my list of Christmas things to do. Walk the Mag Mile and admire the beautiful window displays. Well, we finally had a free night so we headed up to Michigan Ave. I have to admit, one of the things that recession has killed is the store front window displays. I didn't really see ONE window that was anything like I was expecting. HOWEVER, I LOVED window shopping with my main man, and soaking up all of the Christmas excitement. Some of the buildings had cool displays inside, and one even had this huge Christmas Tree!! We walked hand in hand up and down Michigan Avenue and it was such a great way to feel the Christmas cheer of the city.

 I love seeing the churches in the city & their Nativity Displays.

The reason for Christmas.


Tiffany & Co. Love Love Love.

The Water Tower.

Me and my love.

Cool Elves.

Add caption

Pretty lights.

Love the big tree.


Giant Wreath outside of Nordstrom.

No comments: