The Blog Formally Known As: The Rants and Raves of Miss Tina Fabulous


Thursday, December 23, 2010

On our 10th Date of Christmas...

The Nutcracker.

I have to say, my heart is still swooning over the Joffrey Ballet's Nutcracker. It was AMAZING. Seriously, it was so good. My favorite Nutcracker I have ever seen. I was totally blown away with the set (it snowed on stage for at least 10 minutes), the costumes, and of course, the dancers and the music. It was just incredible. I know all of you try to avoid visiting Chicago in the winter, but its worth a trip just to see this ballet.

Of course, there were no photos allowed inside, but here are a few I snagged from online.
This building was completed in 1889. It is a National Historic Landmark, and was the home of the Chicago Symphony and the Chicago Civic Opera. US President, Grover Cleveland laid the cornerstone for the building, and President Benjamin Harris dedicated the building. Frank Lloyd Wright designed some of the interior features. Isn't it gorgeous??





 
  

And here are a few photos of us.
Check out my handsome hubby :)

Yes, there are multiple fireplaces and leather couch seating areas in the theater. So cozy.

We'll be back next year, Nutcracker!!

2 comments:

Lauren and Michael said...

You are so so so lucky!!! I would love to see anything from the Joffrey Ballet! I saw the San Francisco Ballet's Nutcracker and it snowed for the whole snow scene and I was in heaven! I want to move to Chicago now!

Ryan and Kiley said...

Lauren,

Come visit us in chicago-- you can stay at my place and we'll go see the Joffrey!! :)